Friday, October 16, 2009

Marco Rubio Speaks at the Sarasota Republican Club


(Photo courtesy of Republican Party of Sarasota-
Marco Rubio with the President of the Sarasota Republican Club, Chuck Volker)

Jeremey Wallace of Harold Tribune has the hightlights of Marco Rubio's appearance at the Sarasota Republican Club today.

Here are some excerpts of the story:
...Rubio said he feels he’s the only candidate in the race for Senate committed to fighting the Democratic agenda: “I’m running for U.S. Senate because I disagree with them. I’m running for U.S. Senate because I believe the majority of Americans disagree with them. I’m running for U.S. Senate because I believe that the majority of Americans deserves a voice in Washington that will stand up to this agenda and offer an alternative — a voice that will stand up and say that America in this century can be greater, more exceptional, more prosperous, more upwardly mobile than the one of the 20th. And I’m running for U.S. Senate because I do not believe that there is a single other person running in this state for this position who believes these things, will fight against these things and will offer a clear alternative.”

That alternative, Rubio said, includes fighting for a balanced budget amendment, for a simpler federal tax code and against attempts to create a single-payer health care system...

No comments:

Post a Comment