Thursday, November 5, 2009

Crist voted FOR the stimulus before he voted AGAINST It

From National Journal

Gov. Charlie Crist (R) appeared via satellite on the "Situation Room" 11/4 p.m.


Crist, on whether he regrets endorsing the economic stimulus package: "I didn't endorse it. I didn't even have a vote on the darned thing. But I understood that it was going to pass and I wanted to be able to utilize it for the benefit of my fellow Floridians. ... Frankly, I kind of look at it like Florida taxpayers' dollars coming back to the state to benefit them. ... We've go to fight for Florida first. That's all we did here."

Crist, on the picture of himself and Pres. Obama hugging that Ex-state House Speaker Marco Rubio's (R) has on his website: "I think it's important to understand where we were at that time. That was back in February, less than a month after the president was sworn into office, the first time he visits our state. And I was pragmatic, I think, about what we needed to do. Everybody knew the bill was going to pass. I, like all other Republican governors, utilized that money for the benefit of the people in my state. And that's what a pragmatic conservative does. ... And I think it's important to understand that you need to fight for jobs, you need to fight for the economy, do what you think is right for the people."
This is one of those stories that just makes you wonder how stupid politicians think the people are. Hey Charlie!!!!! Ever hear of youtube????

You not only endorsed it, you praised it!!!! You said it is important to pass the stimulus package ... in a bipartisan way..




And just as expected, Marco Rubio responds quickly with his own version of the events. Classic just Classic.



UPDATE: Even Beltway Bob at the Whitehouse knows Crist supported the Stimulus Bill:

1 comment:

  1. He's trying to weasel out of it by saying that his appearance with Obama was not an endorsement, much like Bill Clinton tried to redefine what "is" meant -- neither one of those escapades in linguistic murder are convincing. All they reveal is the lack of integrity of the speakers. Whatever else Crist has done or said, he is clearly lying about this matter.

    ReplyDelete